Flat rate shipping of $4.99 on total DVD or CD order. FREE shipping on $35 DVD or more order!
With this video you have an option. Price reflects our price on the DVD with case/artwork option. Save 30% off the price by selecting the DVD only option (no case/artwork). Select this button to reveal the 30% off price and to order this option. With the DVD with case/artwork you will receive a sealed copy of the video (like what you would purchase in a retail store). Perfect for gift giving.
You will receive the DVD (disc and/or disc with case) as pictured.
A/V Quality 10/10
THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE (1951)
Plot centers around how a young recruit (Audie Murphy) faces the horrors of war. Character vascilates between wanting to fight and doubting his own courage. In midst of first bloody encounter, Youth runs away. After seeing dead and wounded, sense of shame leads him back to his unit, where he distinguishes himself in the next battle. Having overcome his fear of "the great Death" he knows e can face whatever comes. Somewhat sentimental "coming of age" tale was pet project of John Huston, who fought MGM over casting of Murphy and Bill Mauldin in lead roles.
- Audie Murphy as Henry Fleming (aka The Youth)
- Bill Mauldin as Tom Wilson (aka The Loud Soldier)
- Douglas Dick as The Lieutenant
- Royal Dano as The Tattered Man
- John Dierkes as Jim Conklin (aka The Tall Soldier)
- Arthur Hunnicutt as Bill Porter
- Tim Durant as The General
- Andy Devine as The Cheery Soldier
- Robert Easton as Thompson
- John Huston as Grizzled Union Veteran (uncredited)
- William Phipps as Union Soldier (uncredited)
- James Whitmore as Narrator (voice, uncredited)
Sound Mix:Mono (Western Electric Sound System)
Color:Black and White
Aspect Ratio:1.37 : 1
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||John Huston|
|Produced by||Gottfried Reinhardt
|Screenplay by||John Huston
|Based on||The Red Badge of Courage
by Stephen Crane
|Narrated by||James Whitmore|
|Music by||Bronislau Kaper|
|Edited by||Ben Lewis|
|120 min (original version)
69 min (edited and current version)